BIENVENÜE post-doctoral programme (Brittany)
- reinforcing the human potential of Brittany’s research in the long term, by attracting high level international post-doctoral fellows with heightened conditions in terms of salary, working environment, training and networking;
- increasing the visibility and attractiveness of Brittany’s leading research and innovation domains;
- supporting the implementation of the Regional Research and Innovation Strategy – Breton RIS3 and contributing to the territorial development.
The BIENVENÜE programme research partners are Agrocampus Ouest, IMT Atlantique, Inria, Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Université de Bretagne-Sud, Université de Rennes 1, Université Rennes 2 and Sorbonne University/Station biologique de Roscoff, whichwill host the fellows within their premises located in Brittany. The regional agency for innovation, Bretagne Développement Innovation (BDI), is also a BIENVENÜE partner, and will provide help for applicants and supervisors to find collaboration with non-academic organisations.
The BIENVENÜE post-doctoral projects will be built by the applicant, in relation with his/her supervisor. The applicant can freely decide on the thematic of his/her project, as long as it is in line with the strategic innovation areas of the Regional Research and Innovation Strategy – Breton RIS3. The project will take place in Brittany, in a hosting laboratory administratively attached to at least one of the eight BIENVENÜE partner research institutions.
To be eligible, the applicant must, at the deadline of the call, be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience. He/she must also have resided or worked/studied at least 12 months outside of France in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline.
The supervisor of a BIENVENÜE post-doctoral project must be based in Brittany and in one of the following situations:
- permanent staff of a partner research institution, with the status of « chargé·e de recherche », « directeur·rice de recherche », « maître de conférences », « professeur des universités » or « ingénieur·e de recherche titulaire de l’HDR »;
- permanent staff from another research institution, but member of a laboratory administratively attached to at least one of the eight partner research institution, and relying on a permanent staff of a partner institution as co-supervisor;
- non-permanent staff of a partner research institution, with an employment contract of a duration equal to or greater than the total duration of recruitment of the supervised post-doctoral fellow.
The applications will be evaluated by external and international experts, and selected based on criteria of scientific excellence, according to the Marie Sklodowska-Curie rules of transparency, equity and merit. The selection will be done without prioritisation of research domains and following 4 main criteria: scientific interest of the project, potential of the applicant, feasibility of the project and expected scientific results.